I don't know how to build on raspberry pi

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Jordi Parera <j.parera at dassa.es> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Hi again,
>
> I wanted to test the 2.2 i tried the tar package and also the trunk, I dont
> know hot to compile it from linux PC so I am compiling it locally on PI wich
> is time slow and uncomfortable ( at least i use ssh console I am not that
> useless). The OS is the raspbian 2014-01-07-wheezy-raspbian.img, i did
> Update && upgrade and rapbbian-update, built and intall sdl2 and ffmpeg, but
> i am stuck buildid pjsip then i need to build pisjua, if there is no ffmpeg
> and SDL it won't build also?
>
> $ ./configure

If you don't need video support you can disable those in the configure
stage with:

./configure --disable-video --disable-ffmpeg --disable-v4l2

configure should allow to disable sdl also, but I haven't had the need
to disable sdl, you can run configure with the --help option to see
which options are available.

> $ make dep && make clean && make

You shouldn't be doing the clean after the make dep, instead make
clean first, then configure, make dep and finally make

> this seems to be a problem with the video support but I haven't set any
> flags to enable video or config_site.h: #define PJMEDIA_HAS_VIDEO 1

I think I answered this above.

> the trunk gives me :
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/pi/svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk/third_party/build/g7221'
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/pi/svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk/third_party/build/g7221'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/pi/svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk/third_party/build/portaudio'
> make -f /home/pi/svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk/build/rules.mak
> APP=PORTAUDIO app=libportaudio depend
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/pi/svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk/third_party/build/portaudio'
> .libportaudio-armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf.depend:1: *** missing

It looks like you are missing the portaudio-dev package, as a rule of
thumb for building pjsip I install all -dev packages of portaudio,
alsa an related libraries needed by pjsip.

> forgive me for these newbie questions, I actually don't need video support
> but this portaudio doesn't seem to be video error, right?

No, portaudio as the name implies is an audio backend.

> I tried with cubieboard in cubian but I got some errors too.

I'm running pjsip/pjsua in Cubieboard 2 running Fedora 19 (heisenbug).
I tried before with linaro but I had some problems with pjsip/pjsua
detecting the audio device when I ran my application. I haven't tried
cubian.

--
Saludos

Ernesto Celis de la Fuente