sipstateless (Re: Greetings and a question)

On Jan 24, 2014, at 3:03 AM, Eeri Kask <Eeri.Kask at mailbox.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:45:30 -0500, Daniel Ellison wrote:
>> On Jan 23, 2014, at 9:02 AM, Dennis Guse <dennis.guse at alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just two question:
>>> 1. for how many people are going to deploy this?
>>> 2. how does the API to the CNS look like? (Any restrictions? is it reliable and responsive enough for VoIP calls [limited time to setup]?)
>>
>> 1. At first this would only be for me. So one person. :) Eventually, after it's matured a bit, I would release it for people to use on their own servers.
>

> Why would you want to relay/proxy outgoing connections too?

This has probably more to do with my inexperience with the SIP protocol than anything else. But I want the fact that the UAC is registered with the UAS to be a flag that I don't have to send a third-party notification. If there's a better way I'm certainly open to suggestions.

> Maybe it would be worth to take a look at
> "pjsip-apps/src/samples/sipstateless.c" in pjsip distribution, esp.
> "static pj_bool_t on_rx_request()" there.

I'll definitely take a look! Thanks for the ptr.

> Though it looks like this small utility currently doesn't work (doesn't
> do what its supposed to do (tcpip connections don't get through to the
> rx_request callback), if I understand it correctly) if started like
>
>    sipstateless 302 -H 'Expires: 300' -H 'Contact: <sip:192.168.1.1>'
>
> but the intention is clear: to utilise a minimalistic redirect-server
> for personal use (i.e. not something supposed to accomplish like 500000
> requests per second) to be run publicly accessibly in order to make you
> available for incoming calls.

That's exactly what I'm going for! Very cool.

> Currently "sipstateless" would ask the caller to redirect *any* methods
> to you (192.168.1.1), but tweaking rx_request above to respond only to
> PJSIP_INVITE_METHOD (and PJSIP_SC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED to anything else, or
> if a particular INVITE is to be denied) should be straightforward.
>
> Someone knowledgeable in pjsip datastructures and internals could easily
> turn this little tool into something very useful, like creating an
> interface to some externally running "pseudo-registrar/authorisation"
> utility (in order to ensure flexibility; e.g. by local file socket or
> whatever), passing into this external utility the "From" and "To" fields
> of the invite request, reading back a SIP status code with to be
> appended headers and then executing "pjsip_endpt_respond_stateless()".
>
> Wouldn't such tool be great?  :-)

I think it might just qualify as great. I'm going to take a look at sipstateless.c and see what I can learn. Thanks for the information, Eeri!

+Dan