Can't find audio device on Raspberry Pi

Once again, thanks Eeri,

Yes, the Pi will use a SIP account on a registrar - in fact these will
be local device which is a combined H.323 Gatekeeper/SIP registrar. The
intention is that they will be used in Education establishments for the
purposes of providing real time translation services for a live
videoconferences (hence the need for only audio output). We actually
have a solution in place, but it utilises Cisco IP phones running a SIP
image - which is overkill and very expensive.

However, the long term goal is to be able to make this portable and to
be able to provide additional functionality. We can provide a
configuration to register to the local SIP registrar which I hope can be
achieved either through the built in Ethernet connection or a Wi-Fi
adapter, but I would also like to incorporate an ability to call the
device using a standard telephone call via GSM. I'm currently looking at
3G USB dongles that are capable to receiving GSM calls and I have seen
similar deployment where a GSM call is handled by Asterisk then
transferred to another device using a SIP trunk, however, I want PJSIP
to reside on the same machine so get the GSM past to it.

I'm pretty sure this is doable, but still - baby steps at the moment.

Regards,

Chris

--config-file=/etc/rc.pjsua

--id=sip:user at example.org -