Error Retrieving default audio device

Hi All

I have just been having a play with pjsip, and I am running in to a little difficulty ? can you help?!

My environment is a Linux (Ubuntu) Virtual Machine, with Eclipse

When I open up the pjsua project, and run, when I enter ?m? to make a call, and then enter my URL to call (sip:kr at 192.168.1.120) I come up with the below error:

0:47:27.600 pjsua_aud.c .Set sound device: capture=-1, playback=-2
20:47:27.640 pjsua_aud.c ..Error retrieving default audio device parameters: Unable to find default audio device (PJMEDIA_EAUD_NODEFDEV) [status=420006]

Have you any idea whats wrong and how to put right? I have located the code where it is trying to set teh capture device to ?1 and playback to ?2 and tried setting these to various values, (0, 1, NULL_SND_DEV_ID) but it didnt seem to work

Note the URL that I am calling is on the PC (Windows) that is hosting the VM.

I have tried sipecho and this appeared to work. I have also been able to use linphone successfully

Excuse me if I am asking a dumb question. There are several levels here that are new to me (Linux, Eclipse, PJSIP), If I get this working I will then need to cross compile for my target device (ARM processor), but I will cross that bridge when I get to it!

Thanks for any help you can give

Mike Winter