Returning multiple formats in an SDP answer?

Matt Daughtrey wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi!

> I?m implementing partial support for RFC 4103 (RTP Payload for Text
> Conversation). There are two ?flavors? of text; T140, which is the basic
> message format, and RED, which is the same format but with several
> previous communications resent in the same packet (this is for
> redundancy). The RTP stream can dynamically switch between the two and
> so my issue is that my server needs to provide an SDP answer that
> supports both payload types in one media line, something like

I actually did this work while working on our new PJSIP based module in
Asterisk. It's in the pjsip tree and should be in the next release but
if you follow the yellowbrick road you can grab a patch from the
revision mentioned on https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/1692

It just adds an API call you can use to toggle the behavior on.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp