Echo cancellation on Mac OS

Thanks John and Andres for the hints!
I applied Samuel patch (
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2012-September/015216.html)
and certainly the situation has improved.

Now I'm wondering if it makes sense to set a value like:
   media_cfg.ec_tail_len = 150;
or if everything is overridden by CoreAudio inner settings.

The result I have reached with that patch is to avoid the annoying Larsen
effect but I still find myself in the situation where I hear "one and only
one echo return wave" for every word said. Since mic and speakers are both
internal (and those shipped originally with my Mac) I think that they're
synced.

Is there anything else I can do?