Detect bluetooth device on the iPhone

| Is there a way to detect a paired bluetooth device?

AFAIK, there is no clean API to do that. At least one person (me) has
already opened an enhancement request at Apple for that a long time ago.
;)

I worked around it with a little hack:
- set up a short timer
- enable bluetooth
- if bluetooth gets enabled (watch for AudioRoute changes), cancel the
timer
- when the timer runs out, there is no bluetooth device connected

It works under the assumption, that someone starting a phone call with a
bluetooth device connected, wants to use that bluetooth device for the
phone call. Which is almost always the case ... I guess ... at least I've
gotten no complaints so far. ;)

Good luck,
Sebastian.