Streamutil application on Android

I don't get what you call a "NDK application".
The way to deploy android application is through apk files with manifest.
Running a binary as adb user is not really an android application but a
linux binary running this particular linux, but not an application for the
top operating system.

So, you have to specify in the manifest of your application  the permission
required to run the application. Then your application can contains a
native binary/library but will always have a Manifest file to produce the
apk that can be installed and deployed.

When the apk file is installed it asks the user if he accepts this app to
use these permissions.
Once installed, the apk will run in a sandboxed env that is granted with
permissions requested by the manifest of the apk.
It's about security and to avoid an app to do unwanted things. It's based
behind on users permissions and sandboxed env. But all you have to know to
begin is that an android application is an apk that have a manifest in
which you must request for needed permissions.
Instead of a crappy security approach based on the fact nobody can publish
if not validated by the phone manufacturer, Android approach is based on
unix permissions and make the platform security more robust and safer for
users that care about permissions they grant to apps.

Also, if you want to use rtp stream don't forget to get the network
permission too.

BTW, about permission a page you might want to read :
http://code.google.com/p/csipsimple/wiki/PermissionsUse . It list
permissions required by CSipSimple and why each is requested.
You might have a subset of these permission in your app to get pjsip part
working properly on android. You can also have a look to android docs to
get all permissions possible.