From: pjsip [pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Faba Aa [aafaba at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 16 November 2012 7:17 p.m.
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: using TLS between Client and TURN Server

Hi Gary,
   I am seeking turn server, can you tell me what server software are you using? I tested turnserver 0.7, but fail.

Thanks in advance.

Faba

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Gary Metalle <Gary.Metalle at ipfx.com<mailto:Gary.Metalle at ipfx.com>> wrote:
Hi.

I just want to double-check this, but it looks like there isn?t support for a TLS connection between the Client and a TURN server?

The documentation<http://www.pjsip.org/pjnath/docs/html/group__PJNATH__TURN.htm> seems to indicate though that it is possible but the code in both 1.x and 2.x doesn?t support this. I saw a question from a few years ago that Benny answered saying that because there wasn?t a socket abstraction layer, this is why pj_turn_tp_type should never be set to PJ_TURN_TP_TLS (the code will assert if you try to connect to the TURN server using TLS).

Seeing as people have lived without this so far, it?s not been a high priority.

Regards.

Gary

This e-mail contains IPFX information which may be privileged or confidential and is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise immediately to the e-mail address above and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. We monitor our e-mail system and may record your e-mails. Thank you.