Difficulties understanding SDP Offer/Answer when running pjsua

2012/3/5 R?gis Montoya <r3gis.3r at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> The point is about media part of pjsip in fact. It is not designed to
> support the treatment of multiple codecs in the incoming stream. Benny can
> probably confirm that, but that's my understand of the problem.

That's true, the media session currently only supports one codec at a time,
and that's the reason behind the whole thing. FWIW, it annoys me just as
must as everybody else as it makes things more complicated. We fixed two
bugs related to this in the 1.x branch: #1421 and #1460.

Fixing the media session to support multiple codecs simultaneously will be
hard, so frankly I don't think we'll do this in near future. But maybe we
can improve it a bit, e.g. I've just had an idea maybe we should look at
the actual RTP packet before sending the updated offer.

Cheers
 Benny