pjsip crash (possible heap corruption?)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:46:50 +0700 Benny Prijono <bennylp at teluu.com>
wrote:

> IOCP ioqueue has been deprecated and we haven't used it for long time.
> Please use select ioqueue.

Why? IOCP is superior in performance by design.

As I also noted, select() backend has also problems that make it bad
for me.

See:
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2012-June/014742.html

BTW. I would expect the memory corruption here happening exactly based
on what I observed: at least in transport_send_rtp() it is not checked
if the pending request is already in use - it'll just get reused
blindly, and will result in bad things if it was pending.

Increasing MAX_PENDING might help a bit - but the proper fix is to have
the code check if pending queue is full and then make it start dropping
packets properly.

And as noted, MAX_PENDING should be large enough to accommodate almost
the number of packets the sound card can send in one burst (about worth
half of the latency or so).

-Timo