iOS: Bluetooth output not recovering after interruption

I have pjsip working smoothly in my iOS project, and interruptions are
handled well. But when there is an interruption while using a bluetooth
headset, the audio comes back after the interruption, but the output is
changed to the device and the input remains on the headset.

I've been trying to use callbacks to let me switch the output at the right
time, but cant seem to get them to come to my app without breaking the
library callbacks and listeners.

Any way to fix this without modifying coreaudio_dev.c?

This is for iPad.

Thanks,

Daniel