ice_mismatch, but direct connection can be establish

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Dmitry (MicroSIP) <info at microsip.org.ua> wrote:
> Thanks for answer.
> You are right, I have found this in
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19#section-15
> I see that ICE can work via TSL, but this is not deal.
>
> But I can not understand this position of authors of ICE standard:
>
> ?"Unfortunately, many ALG are known to work poorly in these corner
> ? cases. ?ICE does not try to work around broken ALGs, as this is
> ? outside the scope of its functionality. ?ICE can help diagnose these
> ? conditions, which often show up as a mismatch between the set of
> ? candidates and the m and c lines and rtcp attributes. ?The ice-
> ? mismatch attribute is used for this purpose."
>
> ICE can work, why not allow this?
> I think many SIP providers modifies the SDP, probably for better compatibility.
>
> What can do? I propose to add option in pjsua, for disable address
> check. I can not see problems and security issues that can be here.
> Also ICE in draft currently.
>
> Something like this:
> pjsua_media_config media_cfg;
> media_cfg.ice_address_check = PJ_TRUE | PJ_FALSE;

Yeah, that could be a good idea actually. It'll make the protocol
tries harder in finding a connectivity. Rather than just disabling the
check, I'm thinking that we could add the default address as one of
the remote candidate, so it gets checked as well.

 Benny