pjsip for Android

Hi,

I started to develop csipsimple based on pjsip cause I wasn't pleased
with the way sipdroid stack is done.
There is many things non RFC compliant in Sipdroid stack, while pjsip is
much more clean regarding the way sip is implemented.

You can have a look to this issue in csipsimple issue list :
http://code.google.com/p/csipsimple/issues/detail?id=604#c1
It denotes well that sipdroid is developped by pbxes.org and they first
aim to support their server. A patch that fix a global wrong sip
behavior is not likely to land in sipdroid code cause it may break
things with their server. Before starting csipsimple I tried to
contribute patch to sipdroid, but never had any reply.
However both pjsip and sipdroid are opensource and code is open under
GPL license terms in both project (if you don't know what are GPL
license terms, you really should read about that !!!).

pjsip is a cross platform sip stack while sipdroid is only targeting
android.

Android support for pjsip is made by a different team (mainly me ;) )
than the team that develops pjsip (Teluu). But portage starts to be
fairly reliable enough, and besides I'm working on some really
standalone port that does not need all csipsimple's stuff on the top to
work.

You may also have a look to doubango/imsdroid that would be a more
clever choice to compare pjsip with than to compare with sipdroid which
IMHO is far behind both doubango and pjsip. Besides sipdroid is a java
implementation of a sip stack while pjsip, doubango, linphone and the
stock android sip stack are native (C code) which ensure better
performances.

Last thing, keep in mind that GPL code does not mean that you can do
anything you want with source code released. There is rules and
depending on what you want to do, you may have to contact copyright
holders of source code you'd like to reuse.

Best regards,
R?gis