timestamp of a frame in the media Flow

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Alicia Romero <alromor84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list!
> I need to identify some frame for making a measurement of the latency
> between various components of the media flow and I had thought of using the
> variable timestamp that is in the structure of the frame. I would like to
> know if I change that variable can that cause a wrong functionality of the
> media flow?

The use of timestamp in pjmedia_frame is currently underspecified,
that's why we've scheduled https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/1290 to
fix it. However, even now there are few places where the timestamp is
being used, namely the timestamp of RTP packets to be put to jitter
buffer and the timestamp in pjsip 2.0 for A/V synchronization purpose.
Whether what you modify will cause ill effect depends on the nature of
the modification I suppose.

 Benny