iOS5 background - waking 15 times in 300 seconds kicking the app

Hi Olle,

At the moment I?ve noticed this plugged in or not.

The code I?m playing with is in our application which detects network
changes and re-initiates a registration and other stuff... So far removing
this application logic is helping solve the problem but the test case run
takes a long time (it took 12 hrs at first to crash, then so far I?ve run 18
hrs but that?s not a guarantee)..

IOS reducing it to 15 wakeups in 5 minutes is quite aggressive.. I?m unsure
how long the wakeup ?allow to run? period is..

ie: if I get woken up, then determine I need to re-reg that?s run on a
separate thread which selects while waiting for response from server.. So is
the response then another wakeup?

Info on the iOS behaviour is tricky to find.. I only saw what Mark
mentionedi n the beta iOS5. b5 change notes..

I was going to count the times I return fmor the socket select and I?m in
background and try and count then... Them cross reference that with a
permanent wireshark against the phone so I could see/analyse the traffic
that suddenly puts it over the edge..

Its quite a pain..

Chris