Video preview question

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Jonathan Martin <jmartin at akcode.com> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I?m working with pjsip 2.0 alpha 2 on Windows with Delphi.  Is it possible
> to somehow provide a window handle (HWND) to the video API so that it will
> render video preview using that window handle?  In other words, my
> application creates a child form and I would like pjsip?s video preview to
> use that form?s window handle, rather than pjsip creating it?s own video
> preview window.

At the moment that's not possible. The reason is because some platforms
(notably Linux, and Windows too with some things) don't allow a window
created by one thread to be drawn by other thread (in this case, our video
worker thread). The only portable way to do video is to do things in the
same thread, which is what we do now. So I'm afraid you'll have to find a
way to integrate the native window handle that we return in your app GUI,
somehow. We've given the example with Qt in the vidgui sample.

 Benny