How to detect a finished call, when it still seems to be going on in PJSAU??

Dear Mailing List,

I have written a simple PJSUA-Python application. It logs in on a SIP account on a SIP server, uses this SIP account to establishe a phone calls to person A. After A picks up, it calls person B, and after B picks up both A and B are connected into a conference.

Usually everything works very well. If either person A or B hangs up, his call's state becomes DISCONNECTED, and for my Python application this is a signal to break end the whole connection.

However, sometimes it happens that person A and B both hang up, and despite this, their calls' state both remain CONFIRMED. So the PJSUA-Python application thinks the call is still going on, and for this reason it keeps on running until infinity.

May this be caused by a BYE message, which is sent from the other side (persons A and B), but which for some reason is not received by the PJSUA-Python application?

Does anyone know a way to determine that the call was closed anyway??

E.g. could I somehow test for a series of empty RTP frames (preferably in Python), which could distinguish an closed from a ongoing call??

Thanks in advance!

Steen