high RTP packet loss rate when using GSM over GPRS

Hi the problem is that if you send one voice frame (ptime=20 ms) the
overhead for RTP/UDP/IP corresponds to 16 kbps.

On top of that you have the codec bitrate so the total bitrate will  be
around 30 kbps.

A GPSR link can be as low as 8 kbps.

Try increasing ptime to 160 ms (will give more delay) and switch to a better
codec like AMR-NB.

Finally you have no QoS in GPRS so packet delay can be huge up to 10 s
sometimes.

BR/Olle

Fr?n: pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org [mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org]
F?r Idy Thiam