PJSIP for iOS (ARMv6 and ARMv7)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:23 PM,  <s.marek at avm.de> wrote:
> The new llvm compiler in Xcode 4 is able to create universal binaries
> (using lipo underneath, most certainly).
>
> So I tried to patch the PJSIP build system to work with the llvm compiler
> and this is what I tried:

I applaud you for being brave enough to dig into pjsip build system. :)

> The compiler has some limitations, that need some patching:
> 1.) for some strange reason it seems to require a space after -o

You right. But this actually is a bug in the configure script, as it
should have appended the space for the CC_OUT/LDOUT vars (if you check
the build/cc-auto.mak[.in] file, there is a space after -o for LDOUT).
Fixed in latest svn.

> 2.) -M and -E don't work together with multiple arch arguments
>
> That works for the moment, but is nothing to check in. I don't know what
> this -E line in configure-iphone is good for (is there any C++ in PJSIP?)

The -E is used to tell gcc to stop after preprocessing the file, it's
got nothing to do with C++, cmiiw.

> and the $(subst) thing in rules.mak is, well, the definition of a hack in
> itself. $DEPFLAGS is used together with -M, which doesn't work with "-arch
> armv6 -arch armv7", but is happy with "-arch armv7 -arch armv7". ;)

Wouldn't using cpp cause problem with -isysroot, as the comment in the
configure-iphone says?

> Maybe someone is able to clear that up a bit and make something useful out
> of it?

Most definitely.

Cheers
 Benny