Poor voice quality and low volume

Hi,

I am working on a voip application which uses pjsip 1.6 and speex codec. I
am facing some voice quality issues mentioned below :

1) The call quality is not good enough. The voice cracks, there is packet
loss.

2) The quality at the receiver's end is poor than at the end from where the
call is initiated.

3) Even though the microphone volume level is set to maximum, the volume
heard at the receiver's end is low
    unless the microphone boost is enabled.

Also as the application is used in places where the bandwidth is not high
 PJSUA_DEFAULT_CODEC_QUALITY.and PJMEDIA_CODEC_SPEEX_DEFAULT_QUALITY are
both set to 3.

Can someone please help me with these issues.