Help - Trying to add SIP extensions to PJSIP

Hello members,

I apologize for repeated requests but I have not heard from anyone. Surely
someone has experienced my situation.
I am trying to parse a SIP Instant Message. The Instant Message (Method:
MESSAGE) header contains the field Proxy-Authorization:  NTLM

And the 200 OK reply header contains the field Authentication-Info: NTLM

Both of these packets in my program cause the pjsip_parse_msg function to
return NULL and generate PJSIP syntax error. I?ve looked through the
documentation (Developer Guide) The authentication header provided in PJSIP
does not support NTLM(which is fine) I just want to my add a custom header.

1. Based on the information in the guide I think I need to tell the endpoint
to support a new header correct?

2. I have to create a new header  struct based on the two fields mentioned
above that I want to capture in instant message

3. I then have to extend the parser to support new types of headers?

Are there any steps I?m missing?

 Things get even more confusing when reading section 4.3 of developers guide
as this isn?t clear:
typedef pjsip_hdr* (pjsip_parse_hdr_func)(pjsip_parse_ctx *context);
pj_status_t pjsip_register_hdr_parser( const char *hname,
const char *hshortname,
pjsip_parse_hdr_func *fptr);

Register new function to parse new type of SIP message header. There no
clear examples of how to tie these things together or if I am missing
something at all. I?ve grep?d through the PJSIP source to see examples of
how to implement something similar but I am stuck. Could someone please
advise???

-Tavaris