Multi-channel test questions

Hi for All.

I am trying to make multi-channel sip test (up to 500 separate calls)
based on pjsipua.
The media device for my task - third party device.

I have a questions.
- Can I make multi-channel sip test without media-device
  are included to pjsip?
  Is there simple way to turn media-device supporting off for this test?
  RTP address & port values may be constants for my test.

- File pjsua.h are include the next text:
----
typedef struct pjsua_config
{

    /**
     * Maximum calls to support (default: 4). The value specified here
     * must be smaller than the compile time maximum settings
     * PJSUA_MAX_CALLS, which by default is 32. To increase this
     * limit, the library must be recompiled with new PJSUA_MAX_CALLS
     * value.
     */
    unsigned        max_calls;
---

 What is the reason that "max_calls" must be smaller than PJSUA_MAX_CALLS,
 which by default is 32?

Thanks,
Sergey
16.02.2011