Using PJSIP as a media relay

Hi Anshuman,

I did something very similar a while ago.  I wrote a signaling and
media gateway to go from a proprietary signaling and RTP-like network
to a standard SIP/RTP network.  Both sides were using g711[u|a]law
though.  The big problem was the packetization period was different
between the two sides.  No audio needed to be decoded, just
repacketized.

I didn't use the conferencing facilities, I went directly with the RTP
support in PJMEDIA.  For an example, look at:

pjsip-apps/src/samples/siprtp.c

That's one of the samples I used as a reference for how I handled RTP.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but we had very low latency even
though we did have to do some buffering to accommodate the difference
in pacetization period.

good luck.

Joel