Problem

Hi,

I disabled the PROGRESSIVE_DISCARD but the frames are always
discarded.

This is the structure of my application:

Thread1: Network
------(put)-------> jitter buffer

Frames arrive approximately every
20ms, the test network is wireless, I have little delay and a lot of
bandwidth.

Thread2: jitter buffer ------(get)-------> buffer audio
---------> play

Every 20ms run the "get".
If there are frames, I send
them to the audio buffer would otherwise send an empty frame.
If the
audio buffer is full, the frame is discarded.

Why The jitter buffer
discards many frames??? The audio buffer if full must discard
packets!!!
The jitter buffer is used to manage the delay ...  But with
the wireless network I have no delay!!!

2010/9/21 Nanang Izzuddin
<nanang at pjsip.org>

    Hi,

    There can be some causes of massive
frame discards in JB, e.g:
    - on high burst network or bad audio
device clock, you'll need larger
    JB frame max count, try twice of
burst level for safety, you can check
    the burst level seen by JB in
JB statistics.
    - high CPU load may disturb audio device clock,
underflows cause JB
    full, hence many frames will get discarded, all
the time.

    Otherwise, you can disable the PROGRESSIVE_DISCARD
feature.

    BR,
    nanang

    On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 6:23 PM,
monelli.cosio at tiscali.it
    <monelli.cosio at tiscali.it> wrote:

Hello everyone,

    > I use PJ-Media for my application. I only
use the
    > jitter buffer.
    > The jitter buffer works fine on
Win32 (x86) and Linux
    > (x86).
    > The same code on the ARM
architecture (Windows Mobile 6
    > smartphones and Linux on Nokia
N900) works bad.

    > The jitter buffer
    > discards many
frames and it is not normal.

    > Do you have solutions or

suggestions? Thanks

    > Scimonelli Mattia
    > Student of the
Politecnico di
    > Torino.
    >

    > Risparmia con Tutto
Incluso Light: telefono + adsl 8 mega a soli 19,95 ? al mese per un
anno!

    > SCONTO DI 120 EURO!
    >
    > http://abbonati.
tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso_light/?WT.mc_id=01fw

pjsip at lists.pjsip.org
    > http://lists.pjsip.
org/mailman/listinfo/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org