Loud Static in PJSUA

Hello all,

	I'm using PJSIP 1.8 on Damn Small Linux.  PJSUA seems to work as expected, although all audio it plays seems to have a loud static accompanying it.  I followed the audio quality guide linked to in the FAQ.  At first the audio was unintelligible, but I was able to fix that by following the guide with a --clock-rate 8000.  Now, the audio just has the loud static as I mentioned.  I tried playfile on a WAV file I had, and it plays crystal clear, but when I run pjsua --play-file it plays the file with a large amount of static.  So that would mean it is something to do with the conference-bridge then correct? So then what do I need to do from here to try and fix this?  If it makes any difference, I'v already tried every encoding for the call, they all sound the same.  I'm very desperate to fix this, anything help would be great.  Thank you ~Remi.