Create a PBX

"Build a PBX" is not a very good term in order to tell you wether you can use a library or not.
Wether you can use a library or not depends much on your requirements for the PBX system.

It can without a doubt be used to implement a PBX system, since it is a sip-stack.
I won't even ask you why you need to build one, since you already have that set.
I am not aware of any PBX using pjsip, if anyone knows please tell.

Some interesting links might be:
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#high-perf
http://www.pjsip.org/high-performance-sip.htm
http://www.pjsip.org/docs.htm