G.729 Annex B support using APS/VAS Direct

Nanang,

> Yes, it is supported, please check doxygen doc in
> pjmedia/include/pjmedia-codec/passthrough.h for more info (the online
> doc hasn't been updated yet).

Thank you for your response.

Support for G.729B when accessed through APS/VAS Direct assumes that the
firmware running on the phone includes this codec... correct ?

So, is it possible that there are Nokia phones running a version of
firmware that does not include G729.B? Are there any messages generated
in pjsip's log under such a circumstance ?

Where can I find a list of firmware level Nokia E-series supported features?

With some searching on google i found

- Several posts on Nokia's forum where people are complaining about VAD
not working when using APS/VAS

- Nokia's datasheets do not indicate explicitly that G729B is supported
when using APS/VAS

Does PJSIP/PJMEDIA implement a VAD/DTX scheme in front of the G729 codec ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram.