left-over audio from previous call if pjsua is terminated unexpectedly

I am using the pjsua sample to make SIP calls using my local SIP
provider. I notice, if pjsua is terminated unexpectedly (e.g. by
terminating its process via task manager) when a call is in progress,
when pjsua is started again, it will be very difficult to make
subsequent calls until the previous call is disconnected. The client
will register successfully, sometimes call cannot be made, state just
changed from Calling to Disconnected. At other times, call can be made
but with distorted audio and will auto-disconnect after few seconds.
Sometimes the call can be made properly but I would hear audio from the
previous call until it is disconnected. I guess this is because the SIP
server still streams audio of the previous call to the client, not
knowing that the client no longer wants it.

How do I fix the issue? I have tried to run on a different port but does
not help. Also xLite does not have the problem with the same provider.