Getting Session Timer Init Failed from pjsua_call.c

I'm trying to use the PJSIP-JNI port for
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pjsip-jni/) and am getting an error
when trying to initiate a call before anything is put on the wire.

The error is: pjsua_call.c  Session Timer init failed: Size is too
short (PJ_ETOOSMALL) [status=70019]

I can't seem to figure out where or how to configure this? (or where
to go to troubleshoot it?)  I'm able to successfully register with the
server, but as soon as I attempt the call, the library immediately
throws this exception and never tries to put anything on the wire.

My Java code to initiate the call via pjsua is as follows:

pj_str_t uri = pjsua.pj_str_copy("tel:18005551212 at sip.ribbit.com");
int accountId = pjsua.acc_find_for_outgoing(uri);

byte[] user_data = new byte[1];
pjsua_msg_data msg = new pjsua_msg_data();
int[] call_id = new int[1];
int status = pjsua.call_make_call(accountId, uri, 0, user_data, msg, call_id);

The status is always PJ_ETOOSMALL at this point.

During the registration with the server, I never see Min-SE, or
Session-Expires headers at all.

Not sure how to proceed here.  Sorry in advance for any SIP ignorance.

Thanks for any help,
Dustin