Windows XP service pack 3 and outgoing RTP issues.

> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:33:16 +0000
> From: bennylp@xxxxxxxxx
> To: pjsip at lists.pjsip.org
> Subject: Re: Windows XP service pack 3 and outgoing RTP issues.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Syd Brearley <cherkazoo at live.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have searched the mailing list but could not find any complaints about the
> > issue I am facing.
> >
> > I have tested pjsua command line client compiled using all versions between
> > pjsip 1.1 and 1.5.5 and I have the following issue:
> >
> > When using a certain machine with XP SP3, the outgoing voice is like
> > encrypted.
> > The issue happens on PSTN end and voip end is clear with all except 1.5.5
> > (out of the box configuration)
> >
> > First two seconds are clear and then the voice gets broken as if packets are
> > delivered in wrong sequence.
> > If the voip end counts slowly, the voice on pstn end is clear(counting once
> > per 2 seconds).
> > However if you speak with natural speed, then the voice gets broken again.
> > As long as there is a silence period and you start speaking again, the first
> > few seconds are clear.
> >
> > This only happens with certain machines using XP sp3. But there are other
> > machines using XP SP3 without this issue as well.
> >
> > Also, when this issue happens, Xlite also has the same problem and some voip
> > clients (e.g. V Buzzer and Minipax) work successfully.
> >

> > This is not a blocking or network issue because the same versions of
> > applications work perfect on other machines in the same network.
> > The specs of the machine is quite ok and the issue exists using internel
> > sound card as well as USB handsets.
> >
> > When using 1.5.5 audio on Voip end also has similar issue but with all other
> > versions incoming audio is clear.
> >

> Is this specific to a particular codec being used? Have you tried to
> capture the RTP packets and see if there's anything peculiar? And once
> you capture it, can you extract the voice payload and see if it's
> indeed scrambled? Btw you can use pcaputil from our samples collection
> to extract voice payload (with any codecs that pjmedia supports) from
> PCAP file to WAV file.

Hi

I have just made some captures and the issue is evident in the audio recording. Tried with both PCMA and GSM and the result is the same.

What makes it strange is, recording audio using PJSIP is ok. Recorded audio is  clear. The audio drivers are fine and using a USB device makes no difference. And as an example xlite has the same issue. However a few clients emntioned above sound ok under the same circumstances.

What would be the best way to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards
Syd

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/