compiling pjproject 1.5.5 with mingw fails

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

> Benny Prijono schrieb:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Klaus Darilion
>> <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

>> It builds fine here. Checked out a fresh 1.5.5, configure, make dep
>> and make as usual. Or did you get from one of the tarballs?
>
> Tarball. And as GU PING just reported - portaudio directory is missing in
> tarball.

Whops, that's bad! I thought GU Ping was talking about the missing
portaudio directory in the SVN "tags" directory, which indeed is not
there since portaudio is external.

Will create a new package asap.

>>> btw: I wonder why portaudio is used at all? According to 1.5 release note
>>> WMME should be used on Windows. ????
>>>

>> It's still included in the build process indeed.
>>
>> With ticket #1025 which enables us to use external PortAudio
>> installation (as well as Speex and GSM library), PortAudio is getting
>> more desirable again since you can now experiment with using wealth of
>> audio API backends that it offers (WMME, DirectSound, WDMKS, asio,
>> wasapi, etc.)
>
> Release notes say: "Native WMME audio device backend is now the default
> device on Win32 and Windows Mobile. PortAudio is by default disabled."
>
> May it be that this refers only to VC build and not to msys/mingw builds?

Ah yeah, that sounds more like it.

Cheers
 Benny