securing TLS - handeling certificate

hi all,

when using TLS over symbian has few drawbacks as oppose to openssl in 2
features:
1. client certificate does not supported in symbian.
2. server certificate validate with public root CA preinstalled on the phone
and there is no way to add personal root CA.
the later may be problematic because it make me go throw the validation
process of verisign for example where as i might want to generate my own
root certificate and sign the certificate with my own root CA,
this will make it more accesible and easy to handle.

the quastion/suggestion is, from the CSecureSocket we can retrive the server
certificate with CX509Certificate *ServerCert(); API in CSecureSocket.
benny, maybe we can add a callback to give this certificate back,
and this is for someone how familier with X509,
can we use this certificate and give our own root certificate and use these
to validate the server certificate with our own root certificate?

with this there will still be displayed the anoying dialog about the
untrusted certificate but the security will get higher on the intresting
cases.

nir