Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:54:09 +0100
From: Johan Lantz <johan.lantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pjsip at lists.pjsip.org
Subject: Re: Latency tweaks for Windows Mobile 6 (Jerry
	Monteiro)

Hi Jerry

I have only done measurments with ptime 80 and 100 and these are ok.

One thing that caused me a lot of problems was that some of my phones was
not able to produce frames fast enough when
PJMEDIA_SND_DEFAULT_REC_LATENCY
 was 100 i.e. the old setting. I think Benny changed this to a higher value
later on but I still have 200 on some old devices like HTC 3600 while more
powerful devices like Motorola Symbol can handle 100.

I have never played with the
PJMEDIA_CODEC_MAX_SILENCE_PERIOD

/Johan

Jerry wrote:
Hi all

I am hoping someone could advise some of the optimal settings you have found
to work well for windows mobile 6 and above.

Reading through the mailing lists, I have found some people that have used
the settings below, but would like if you could post the Values you have
used and perhaps other settings apart from the ones below.

#define PJMEDIA_SND_DEFAULT_REC_LATENCY  = ?

#define PJMEDIA_SND_DEFAULT_PLAY_LATENCY = ?

PJMEDIA_CODEC_MAX_SILENCE_PERIOD = ?

frame ptime = ?

Message: 8
Actually I changed PJMEDIA_SND_DEFAULT_PLAY_LATENCY (i.e. not REC)
from 100ms to 160ms for WM and to 140 on Win32, on release 1.5 (see
ticket #983).

Cheers
 Benny