Using Encryption/decryption without using SRTP

The best way to achieve encryption so that it is still viewed by your
server (asterisk) as RTP is to XOR the RTP payload (not including the
RTP headers).  XOR does not alter the length of the payload so it gets
sent out as a perfectly formatted RTP packet.  The catch is if the other
end is not one of your XOR capable handsets (eg. a PSTN Gateway) then
your RTP session would simply produce unrecognizable noise.

-joegen