custom RTCP

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
> Benny Prijono wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Klaus Darilion
>> <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is it possible from within pjsua-lib to send/receive custom RTCP packets?
>>>
>>> If not, where do I have to extend pjsip to enable such a feature?
>>>

>> The proper way is to create a media transport adapter and register it
>> to PJSUA-LIB, see transport_adapter_sample() in pjsua_app.c.
>>
>> There is a simpler hack with including pjsua_internal.h, then retrieve
>> the media transport instance for the call and send RTCP packet with
>> it, but this works with sending only.
>
> Hi Benny!
>
> Thanks for the info. Re-thinging my question I found out the actually I do
> not need "custom" RTCP packets, but the already defined
> "Application-Defined" RTCP Packet:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3550#section-6.7
>
> Maybe this one is already supported? If not, you might consider adding it to
> the wish list :-)

It's "kind of" supported. While we don't have the struct to represent
RTCP APP packet, you could use the generic RTCP packet "template"
(struct pjmedia_rtcp_common) to build any RTCP packets. See
create_rtcp_sdes() and create_rtcp_bye() in stream.c for sample codes.
For now I don't think we need to add explicit support RTCP APP and
every other RTCP packets out there.

Cheers
 Benny