Symbian build using Audio Routing API

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Jerry Monteiro
<jerrym at matrixconsultants.com.au> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Wondering if someone can help.
>
> I?m using pjproject 1.4, carbide 2.0 and successfully built the pjproject
> for symbian target. Because the sound comes from the loudspeaker and causes
> echo, I have tried to use the Audio Routing API. Using this API, the sound
> is now via the earpiece BUT for some reason I am still getting an echo at
> the far end or remote party side.
>

> Could someone please advise or help what I am doing wrong.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, it's just the limitation of
the software (i.e. we don't have good software EC for Symbian, and the
default audio device (MDA) doesn't have EC either).

For best results, use APS or VAS instead which have onboard EC.
Combine that with APS-Direct or VAS-Direct to use the onboard codecs
as well.

Cheers
 Benny