Silence detection on receiving stream (to use to stop recorder)

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to make silence detection working. It is
of typically usage with IVR-lines, which starts recording e.g. the
users voicemail. If there is no voice activity for x-seconds, the
recording should be stopped.

While digging in the mailinglist and google, I found surprising less
info about this.

I DID find some suggestions, which was about using the PJMedia's
"Adaptive Silence Detection", put instead using it for VAD it is
connected between the conference bridge (being feed with VoIP-stream)
and the WAV-recorder. Alternatively the detection is not in between,
but just side by side next to the recorder.
On detecting silence, a callback is called on which the recorder can be stopped.

Above all sounds OK, but I've no clue where to start or how to connect
the "pjmedia_silence_det"-API for my usage.

Can anybody point me to some article/code which can help me forward.

With regards,
Eize