Audio distortion in Linux

Jumping in late into the discussions. I just had time to experiment with
this, and yes I can reproduce it on my Linux boxes. Here's my setup:

task: resample from 44.1KHz to 8KHz
cmdline: ./pjsua --null-audio --clock-rate 8000 --play-file nanotech44.wav
--rec-file output8.wav

The results are quite interesting:
 - Vista, VS6: ok
 - Vista, Mingw/gcc-3.4.5: ok
 - Linux1, gcc-4.3.2: bad
 - Linux2, gcc-4.1.1: bad

I'm somehow still 100% convinced that this is Linux thing, as I don't
suppose there's any platform specific processing there. It could also be
something specific to gcc 4. If someone has gcc 3, on Linux, to test this
with, that will be great.

In the mean time I just added this to the ticket, for further investigation:
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/766

thanks
 Benny

2009/3/17 Gang Liu <gangban.lau at gmail.com>

> What I said is PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBRESAMPLE. I didn't have time to try
> Secret Rabbit Code.
>
> regards,
> Gang
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Gang Liu <gangban.lau at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>    It is also at windows.Currently use 8000hz for sound device and conf
>> bridge will be helpful.
>>
>> For Secret Rabbit Code, there are already have implementation in pjsip
>> trunk. But some files are still missing now.
>> regards,
>> Gang
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Thomas Kluge <T.Kluge at gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The solution or workaround is, to set the value of quality, which is 5
>>>>

>>> It turned to be a downsampling problem under Linux:
>>> Below a list of input fileformats and standard quality settings == 5:
>>>
>>> 48000 Hz 16bit mono  -> signal distorted
>>> 44100 Hz 16bit mono  -> signal distorted
>>> 32000 Hz 16bit mono  -> signal OK