Vista Microphone Boost Issue

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if anyone come accross with a solution to Microphone Boost in Vista.
Depending on the driver (I guess) you have either a boolean option to enable/disable microphone boost or 4 steps to define the boost level. In our experience, when enabled, the audio is extremely distorted and need to decrease the level at sip stack. I was hoping for a solution to disable the boost in windows programmatically to improve audio quality.

When checking audio mixers through windows api, the microphone device exposes only two controls mute and volume. So the boost option doesnt seem to be exposed by any means. I was wondering if any one has come accross a solution that would work in both Vista and XP. Changing application to compatibility mode to XP sp2 changes the way devices are reported, but still the control for boost is missing.

Thanks
Syd

Twice the fun?Share photos while you chat with Windows Live Messenger. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/windowslive/products/messenger.aspx