no PJSIP_INV_STATE_INCOMING with last svn trunk

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Samuel Vinson <samuelv at laposte.net> wrote:

> Hello Benny,
>
> I updated with the last version of svn trunk

Hi Sam, first of all I think you would want to use the 1.0 branch rather
than trunk for your project since I suppose for you bug fixes are more
important than new features that we will introduce in the trunk.

One of the thing that I'm planning to do for 1.x series (the trunk) is to
revamp the sound device abstraction, which will break your app since you
have your own sound device implementation. But you will be safe from these
changes if you use the 1.0 branch.

> and now I don't receive PJSIP_INV_STATE_INCOMING in 'on_call_state'
> callback.
> I used this message to display screen for users with answer and decline
> buttons.
>
> What did you change ?

This was done by this ticket: http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/684

Apart from memory leak problems that were fixed by that ticket, it also
solved another problem. Lets see this scenario:

1. INVITE is received
2. PJSUA-LIB constructs 100/Trying
3. on_incoming_call() is called

The problem was, if the operation fails in step 2 above (e.g. in low memory
situation), then application's disconnection callback will be called even
though the application hasn't been made aware of the new call, since that
will be done in step 3.

So the steps have been changed in 1.0.1, but as the side effect, the
PJSIP_INV_STATE_INCOMING state is kind of lost (but see below). I was
hesitating a lot before making this change, but in the end I decided that
that is the right thing to do.

> Should I display the answer screen in on_call_state now ?

I think it's more appropriate to do it in on_incoming_call() callback.

Cheers
 Benny