Intercept captured audio stream

Hello everybody!

I want to implement automatic microphone level adjustement. I wonder wether
there are some examples of this, or maybe somebody has done this and could
point me the right way. For now it seems to me that the best way would be
injecting my own rec_cb callback that would calculate if there microphone
overdrive happen, adjust it's level and call the default one. But this is in
theory and I don't know if it is ever possible.

This http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#audio-volume doesn't seem
appropriate, 'cause I won't have any info if there was sound overdrive or
not.

Regards, Robert