Problems with TLS in version 1.5

Hi Tal,

Please follow the inline comments..

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Tal Fromm <tal.fromm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have been using pjsip libraries for a while, and I also worked with the
> TLS transport.
> For now I'm authenticating the server and I'm using his CA file.
> When I used version 1.4 or 1.4.5 all worked well on WM/Win32/Linux.
>
> After upgrading to version 1.5, and I know the ssl was rewrite I found that
> the certification test?failed.
>
> While examining the code I found that the supplied file in
> tls_setting.ca_list_file is not loaded by the library.
> Here is what I did, and I want to get conformation that what I did is
> correct.
>
> 1. In pjsip_tls_transport_start function the code checks if there is
> cert_file value, but it doesn't check the other value.

Ah I see, in this case only ca_list_file is set? This should be a bug then.

> 2. Why are you calling pj_ssl_cert_load_from_file and then you use
> pj_ssl_sock_set_certificate?

The idea is to accommodate various certificate source types, e.g:
file, store, memory, it's just currently only file is supported.

> ??? Can't I use the &listener->ssock->cert as the last value in
> pj_ssl_cert_load_from_file?

pj_ssl_cert_load_from_file() is for loading cert from file only,
moreover pj_ssl_sock is opaque, so you can't.

> After the change it still didn't work, so I added the certificate setting to
> tls->ssock also in lis_create_transport.

Yes, just done a quick check, there seems to be another silly bug.

Modified #1005 to just include all TLS issues.

Thanks for those reports!

BR,
nanang