ioqueue

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Christian Gan
<christian.gan at librestream.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why in Visual Studio
> PJSIP compiles ioqueue_select.c in debug and ioqueue_winnt.c in release?? It
> caused us problems when we found our release code was behaving differently,
> until we noticed that these two files were different for the projects.

To cut the long story short, I preferred to use IOCP on WinNT since
it's more efficient, or so I thought. So IOCP is what gets used on
Release build. On the other hand, select() backend is used everywhere
else, and since there's so few of us here at pjsip and we mainly use
Windows as our development platform, we needed to find a way to test
select() backend regularly, hence the Debug vs Release difference.

> Mainly because we added a call to getsockname() in our transport callback
> for on_accept_complete (), which fails for the ioqueue_winnt.c version
> because the SO_UPDATE_ACCEPT_CONTEXT socket option had not been set yet.

Aha! We also found the same problem when we implemented (the new) TLS
on 1.5, and I've forgotten about SO_UPDATE_ACCEPT_CONTEXT back then,
so we solved it differently, I think. Upon checking the source code
again, it looks like we do call setsockopt(SO_UPDATE_ACCEPT_CONTEXT),
but it seems that we call it at wrong time, in pj_ioqueue_accept()
while it should have been in ioqueue_on_accept_complete()?

Cheers
 Benny