STUN timeout issue

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:32 AM, girish_kumar <girish_kumar at infosys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am observing a STUN related issue with PJSIP for last few days. Many
> times, the PJSIP stack does not get initialized as it does get a response
> from configured STUN server. I am using PJSIP through the wrapper written
> for Sipekphone project.
>

> On checking the logs, I found that it is destroying itself after throwing
> following error:-
>

> Error contacting STUN server: Received no response from STUN server
> (PJLIB_UTIL_ESTUNNOTRESPOND) [status=320010]
>

> Lately, there has been slightly more network activity in my setup which may
> be resulting in more delay & packet loss on WiFi router. Can it result in
> failure of this NAT check?

Yeah it can. But this error doesn't come from the NAT detection routine.

> Log file indicates that timeout occurred within 5 seconds of transmit of
> first Stun request message. Is there any setting which can increase this
> timeout value so that NAT check can work in more congested and lossy
> network?

That particular error comes was triggered by simple STUN client in
pjlib-util. Unfortunately the retransmission count and interval
settings are hard-coded in pjlib-util/stun_simple_client.c so you need
to modify these there.

For other STUN related settings please see pjnath/config.h

Cheers
 Benny