Problem with Echo Canceller on PDAs (windows mobile 5.0 / Pocket PCs)

Hi Ramzi,

Actually for low processor client (small devices), pjmedia uses echo
suppressor instead of real echo canceler (to make sure, check whether
macro PJMEDIA_HAS_SPEEX_AEC is set to 0, for WINCE by default it is
set to 0), since real echo canceler consumes relatively high CPU load.
And echo suppressor works this way (similar to what you describes):
when speaker is playing something, the mic is turned off/muted, and
vice versa. Here is some more detail:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_suppressor.

It seems the problem is as expected, however, there may always be some
ways for suppressing the frustration effect of echo suppression. It
will be great if you would share some ideas/suggestions on how to make
this echo suppressor more 'friendly'.

Regards,
nanang