UPnP

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Alan J. Bond <alan.bond at wintology.com> wrote:
> Benny,
>
> A link to much more useful stuff ...
>
> http://miniupnp.free.fr/

Thanks for all the pointers, Alan. I think that should cover
everything to get us going (once we decide to). I've been
contemplating about uPnP too recently, and I think it complements
ice/stun/turn combo pretty well (that is if a client is behind uPnP,
then it could just skip ice/stun/turn altogether and go with uPnP
only; this could save the session from using turn relay, and also to
make the client more interoperable with more endpoints since only few
implementations can do ice).

And thanks to the links, uPnP doesn't look too complicated anymore (as
with pjsip tradition, we like to implement things from scratch;-) ),
or at least it looks more feasible now. So definitely this would be
something that we'll look very closely once we're done with the
mandatory duty to release v1.0 as soon as possible.

Cheers
 Benny