Confbench Testing

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Thomas Plotkowiak <plotti at gmx.net> wrote:
> According to this example:
>
> http://www.pjsip.org/pjmedia/docs/html/page_pjmedia_samples_confbench_c.htm
>
> what is actually measured?
>
> Are we creating 100 SINE Ports that transmit their signal to 100 Null ports
> in one conference brigdge and measure how much CPU is needed?

Yep. Actually each sine port is connected to 100 null ports so we'll
get 10,000 connections in total.

> What are those idle ports needed for? They do not seem to be connected to
> something...

The idea is to measure how much processing overhead for these idle
ports. One can register many ports to the bridge (e.g. many voice
prompt files) and only use one file at a time, and the bridge should
have low processing overhead for this scenario to work.

Cheers
 Benny