From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org] On Behalf Of Ayman Farouk
Sent: 09 May 2008 12:11
To: pjsip at lists.pjsip.org
Subject: Re: PJSIP & LAN

Hey Alan,

Thanks for your reply. Following the link you have referred to and
reading its posts. I end up having a bigger problem :) .. two methods
were mentioned in that link on how to connect the emulator, the first
method which doesn't send anything to the server is the one I use..
while the second, which was reported as "working" .. is not supported by
the emulator anymore :s !! However, the same problem continues when I
try to debug on a real device!

Thanks,
a.

Ayman,

Still waiting for that picture - with IP addresses, masks and who's
serving who with DHCP, etc. :-).

If I remember correctly (and it's been a long time, I'm really not your
man here) the WinCE emulator by default operates a virtual network
inside your PC on a different subnet and serves up the emulated device
with an IP address in this range.  It also has a virtual HTTP proxy with
one foot in this virtual network and the other on your PC's real IP
address.  This allows you to browse from the browser in the emulated
device to the outside world but is no use to VoIP at all.  That is
probably why you can see HTTP related stuff in WireShark but not SIP
traffic on port 5060, etc.

Have a look at this thread in the archive, which sounds very similar to
what you're saying ...

http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-February/thr
ead.html#1564

Read through all the posts in this thread and make sure you have all the
bases covered, there's a lot of detail here.
Alan.

________________________________

The Northgate IS Content Screening and Inspection system has scanned
this message for malicious and inappropriate content and none was found.
Please take care when opening attachments even when these are from known
and trusted sources.

This email is sent on behalf of Northgate Information Solutions plc and its associated companies ("Northgate") and is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient of this email you must: (i) not disclose, copy or distribute its contents to any other person nor use its contents in any way or you may be acting unlawfully;  (ii) contact Northgate immediately on +44 (0)1442 232424 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee then delete it from your system.

Northgate has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are contained in this email, but does not accept any responsibility once this email has been transmitted.  You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Northgate Information Solutions plc. Registered in England no. 2762332  -  Northgate Information Solutions UK Limited. Registered in England no. 968498  -  Northgate HR Limited.Registered in England no. 1587537  -  Moorepay Limited.  Registered in England no. 891686  -  Northgate Land & Property Solutions Limited  -  Registered in England no. 2149536 Registered Office: Peoplebuilding 2, Peoplebuilding Estate, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 4NW

Northgate Managed Services Limited (NI).  Registered in Northern Ireland no. NI032979  -  LearnServe Limited (NI).  Registered in Northern Ireland no. NI043825
Registered Office: Hillview House, 61 Church Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT36 7LQ