PJSUA app dropping all NOTIFY packets?

On 3/21/08, James Lamanna <jlamanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm trying to connect the PJSUA sample app to a public asterisk box.
>  I am behind a cisco PIX firewall.
>  I can make outbound calls fine, but on all inbound calls, asterisk
>  thinks that my line is busy.
>
>  I am receiving NOTIFY packets from asterisk, however I see the
>  following message a lot in the console output:
>
>   11:09:02.156 sip_endpoint.c Message Request msg NOTIFY/cseq=102 (rdata00BE5EAC)
>   from 64.209.211.3:5060 was dropped/unhandled by any modules
>
>  So it seems as though the app isn't responding to NOTIFY messages, so
>  asterisk thinks I am offline.
>  Is there a way to fix this?

pjsua doesn't handle unsolicited NOTIFY's (and personally I think it's
bad that the server does this when client doesn't indicate support for
this extension).

But if your application wants to handle this, it's very easy to
implement. Just write a pjsip module, watch for incoming NOTIFY in
your on_rx_request() callback, sends 200/OK if so, and register the
pjsip module to pjsip endpoint. For more info about pjsip module
please see the Developer's Guide PDF.

Cheers
 Benny